Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Talk 'bout the Highway to Hell !

DAY 2


B4 the Walk

Well somethings never change and definitely not on Day 2 ! I slept around 4am and got up at 11am, so no change in sleeping habits yet. After a lunch of Rice & Chicken (no 2nd helpings) i went to work with Ashish picking me up on his motor bike. We spent the day goofing off and drank a cup each of freshly brewed black coffee ! He kept tempting me to join him for some Cream Rolls & Chicken Patties (smthngs for which i hve even bunked work in the past) but i held on to my resolve of avoiding my poison foods.  We decided to call it quits at 6pm and i started on my walk.

The Walk 


The route for this evening was the same as yesterday but in the opposite direction and with 3 pit stops. My sister wanted me to pick up Nasivion  for my infant niece and some vermicelli . So i started from the CoIn building and passed the newly opened Bawarchi outlet (they make the best kati rolls in town) 5 mins down the road (I did not go in, I swear) and stopped at the medical store in front of Saleways departmental store to pick up the Nasivion. I went inside Saleways for the vermicelli but could not find them so made a quick exit avoiding the rows stacked with  Pringles and Coke. I continued walking  but this time with some music playing on my phone. I walked upto the Bhat Bhateni superstore in Patan and went in looking for the Sevayians . I found them stacked in a corner (was confused between them and the spaghetti packets) and picked up 2 packts of Nillons vermicelli.

I had not taken any water with me and went looking for a bottle of water when i came across tetra packs of Cranberry juice. 

This reminded me of the night in Syracuse when Sherry had decided we both should go on a Cranberry juice cleanse . After tasting my first glass of the said juice i had opted out and choose to eat the awesome biryani she had cooked for Humayun n the kids . So this evening i bought myself a 300ml pack of Cranberry juice to give it another try. 

I made my way down the hill from Himalaya hotel to Kan Devta Sthan and found myself facing the climb up the San Fransisco Loops (i named it thus as it reminds me of the Lombard Street in SF with hairpin bends ) towards Summit Hotel. This was my major test of this 2 day old adventure. In the past i have found this to b the toughest part of my walk home and i was not sure if i could make it. But then 2Cello started to blast their Highway to Hell  cover through my headphones.
 

With my adrenaline pumping at full speed i made the climb up to the Summit Hotel by the time the song ended . But the side affect was i was out of breath and my heart beat was touching the roof . I needed something a bit slow to calm myself but not so slow as to make me rest . Luckly the  song Talk by Kodaline started playing . I got to thank my friend Bina's son Chand who shared this song with her and she in turn with the rest of us via facebook.


I also decided to drink that pack of Cranberry juice and slowly made my way home. It took me about 10 minutes less to walk  the same distance as yesterday if i take away the time i spent at the 3 pit stops. Plus i climbed the SF Loops instead of going down it like yesterday. So overall a good day.

Day 2: Soda 0 , Pringles 0, Pastry 0

P.S. here is something that my school friend Firdaus Haque posted on facebook today which got me asking is this true ?

Brahma

No comments:

Post a Comment